When it comes to bad habits on the road, just about everyone is an offender at some time or another. You might not even realize how much a certain activity distracts you from the road. Read on to learn more about some of these risky actions that could be putting you in harmâ€™s way.
- Pushing through a yellow light: Thereâ€™s a saying that a yellow traffic light means â€œgo fasterâ€, but if you do not make it, you are right in the line of a potential accident if someone else moves through the light. Slow down if it looks like you will not make it through.
- Missing your blind spots: Make sure to check twice before you move into a new lane; it is all too easy to miss a vehicle in your blind spot and wind up in an accident.
- Improper merging: Getting the merge just right is a combination of experience and good judgment. Adjust your speed so that you can seamlessly flow into the traffic without a problem. Avoid accelerating too quickly or you could have a fender bender or worse.
- Failing to use signaling: Drivers do not know what to expect when you turn or change lanes without proper signaling. Give them a heads up and you will reduce your chances of a serious accident.
- Tailgating: When you are too close to the vehicle in front of you, you are asking for a rear-end accident. You might not have proper space to stop if you need to, and the accident could be your own fault.
- Speeding: It goes without saying that speed limits are in place for a reason. Aside from running the risk for a ticket, you are also increasing your chances of causing a major car accident. Stay within the speed limit.
If you were involved in a car crash and were injured, then you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages and medical bills. Jayson Lutzky handles accident cases involving cars and other vehicles. He has helped recover millions for his past clients. Call 718-514-6619 to set up your free in-office consultation. Visit www.MyNewYorkCityLawyer.com to learn more about Mr. Lutzkyâ€™s areas of practice.